According to the data, staff turnover is increasing at an alarming rate. The numbers spell it out:
· Employees are quitting jobs at the highest rate in years, with a monthly rate of 2.6%, or about 30% turnover over a one-year period. The highest turnover rate is in the American south at 29.9%. Lowest turnover, at 19.6%, is in the northeast.
· Recruiters report that up to 85% of employees respond positively when approached about a new job opportunity.
· Turnover costs up to 40% of a company’s earnings.
· Replacing an employee can cost up to four times the salary for that position.
· As a result of soaring turnover, more organizations (63%) say they are prioritizing retention.