According to a new survey, employees know their financial value:
- 73% have checked their salary against market rates within the last year.
- 46% feel underpaid, 47% think they are paid fairly, and just 7% say they probably are overpaid.
- 54% of employers say they talk to colleagues about compensation; and 28% say this have used this information as leverage to request a raise.
- 57% think a stronger economy has helped their earning potential at their job; although men (68%) are more confident about this than women (44%).
- Of those employees who don’t feel that a stronger economy has helped them, 34% say their company has offered only small salary increases and 31% say they would have to leave their employer to get a significant pay raise.